MMASC Mentorship Program
MMASC Mentorship Program
Are you interested in the field of municipal management? Are you a working professional in the field with less than 3 years of experience?
Are you a director, mid-manager, management analyst or a professional in the public sector with 3 or more years of experience?
If you answered yes, the MMASC Mentorship Program is for you! Through this program, experienced professionals will have the opportunity to give confidential guidance and support for professionals interested in or are entering the field of government administration.
Goals of the Program
- To provide participants with the opportunity to better understand the critical aspects of municipal governance, operations and administration from their peers in a mentorship setting.
- To transition knowledge, skills and best practices amongst experienced managers.
- To provide a learning and sharing environment for both the Mentor and the Mentee.
The program is application based and is open to any MMASC Full or Student member who would like to be either a Mentor or a Mentee. An participation fee is not required for MMASC Full or Student members. If you are currently not an MMASC member, you also have an opportunity to participate in this program as long as you meet the criteria to be a Full or Student member; however, a $50.00 application fee would be required to participate in the program. The Mentor should be a Full member and have a minimum of three years working with a public agency and related administrative experience. Mentees should be interested in or currently working at a public agency.
The MMASC Mentorship Program duration is one year.
- Participants must meet or communicate periodically, preferably at least once a month.
- Mentees must attend one MMASC regional and annual event.
- Mentees are encouraged to participate in planning/coordinating in at least one MMASC event or committee.
Application Form and Matching of Mentees with Mentors
A call for applications will be issued annually each Winter. We are now accepting applications for the 2017 program. Mentees please submit your application by February 1. Our plan is to match mentees with mentors by mid-February so they can register before the Winter Forum early bird deadline and meet each other in person at the Forum.
Please feel free to send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions and comments. The 2017 MMASC Mentorship Program Co-Chairs are Alma Janabajab from the County of Santa Barbara and Maggie Le from the City of Fountain Valley.